Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Update

I've been busy since I last wrote...mostly looking for my missing socks. Somewhere in there I found time to ride my bike, start classes again and see my best friend tie the knot. So heres a quick re-cap...well as quick as I can make it.

August - The most mentionable part of Aug was a trip to Downieville with friends for my birthday. I decided to do it in style and stayed in a hotel right in town rather than camping. We shuttled and rode the downhill twice on Saturday and once on Sunday, giggling the whole way. Post ride we chased the local icecream cart around town and demolished a guilty pleasure or two. We spent the rest of the evening sitting by the river with a glass of wine in hand while drinking in the beauty of our surroundings. Pure bliss! I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you Heather, Dawn and Doug for making it a fantastic trip! Who's birthday is next!

Sept - I flew back to MI in Sept, just in time for what I am told is the most beautiful time of year there. The hardwood forests were changing color in vibrant splashes that sparkled all happy and gemlike reflected in the abundant lakes and streams. Riding through those woods was like riding through the fairy land you dream up in your childhood. I half expected a silly little knome or woodsprite to dance from the ferny undergrowth as we wound along the miles of narrow undulating single track.

I spent the first part of my trip in Boyne, MI which is 'Up North" of Detroit by a few hours. We were there for Allie's bachelorette party. To quickly sum the weekend up there were 6 girls, bikes, karioke, fantastic scones, beautiful sunrises, tequila warmed mudbathing, fourwheeler riding, too many of Lornas infamous Jello shots and a late night/early morning dip in the lake. I miss everyone already. We all left vowing to get together again soon. That kind of fun is so good for the soul.

The remainder of my trip was spent working towards the day my friend would become a Mrs. Her husband is everything I could wish for her to have in a partner, and I couldn't be happier for her. I just hope for his sake he keeps a 2x4 handy for her stubborn streak...oh and an extra watch that is set to "Allie time". ;) The man has hockey pads and more watches than a NY street vendor though so he's off to a good start.

And now for some "Shmooop"...thank you so much to Allie, Mike and her extraordinary family and friends for their hospitality during my stay. I have decided I am adopting her funny lovely family, whether they like it or not. Homecooked chicken soup with dumplings from scratch, Pastitsio that was so good I ate it for breakfast, and a furniture store built like the Winchester Mystery House are enough to lure any girl aren't they? Oh...and I know now where Allie gets her quick wit and wicked sense of humor...that rotten little apple didn't fall far. ;)

Anyway...I'll spare you all any furthur shmoop for the moment as I really should be paying attention in class rather than babbling on. I promise a link to MI pics and some fresh babbling about Cyclocross soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger X Bunny said...

you can be a good babbler when you try....

7:01 AM  
Blogger nicknameless said...

thanks Freshy for making the trip happen!...a huge XOXO to one of my fav riding partners!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home