Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Surf City

Ok...Quick post

Last Friday I finished building my pretty new one of these

















It's my first cross bike and I am sooo in love with that sexy thang! I can't stop talking about it, although I think some of my friends wish I would. ;) However my performance this weekend had nothing to do with my lovely lightning fast new bike or all that "training" I've been putting in.....oh no, it was all about the Vanderkitten socks baby! (pictures to come)

And now for some sappiness. Surf City on Halloween weekend is quite possibly one of my very favorite times of the year despite the nasty time change. Each year I find myself recovering from a weekend of hard fun work, good friends, new friends, silly costumes, cheering till my throat is raw, gettin dirty, cold beer, and mmmmm pie. Not to gush but I love Cyclocross above all other bikey type events. It is inclusive of all ages, genders, and skill levels and it has this intoxicating irreverent feel to it. Like it's thumbing it's nose at sports and athletes that take themselves so seriously that they've forgotten that it's all about having fun. (Thanks Sabine, Laura and too many other cool people to mention for reminding us all!)


PS. a HUGE thank you to Douggie and Michael for all the help and advise on the bike as I got it together!! I couldn't have done it without you guys!

9 Comments:

Blogger X Bunny said...

awesome job in the race, socks or no socks!

could you at least pretend and say you are training a little bit, just to help the rest of us with our self-esteem?

12:47 PM  
Blogger X Bunny said...

oh, and nice pictures, deb

1:05 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

I didnt knw you had a blog!

1:31 PM  
Blogger nicknameless said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:52 PM  
Blogger nicknameless said...

Oh dear...I've been training, I just am so new to it that I feel like I have no idea how to go about it so I poke fun at myself. I feel like a baby giraffe all akward not knowing what move to make next.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I haven't been training. I've been riding my caboose off bunny, I've been working really hard and it hurts...just look at last years sad results and you will see I had to work at it for sure.

http://www.velobella.org/results_surf_city_1_2005.htm

I still say the Vanderkitten socks helped though!

2:58 PM  
Blogger X Bunny said...

hah!

i knew it!

;)

3:40 PM  
Blogger L. Christmas said...

dead sexy! (not just the bike of course)

5:40 PM  
Blogger nicknameless said...

bishop cow!!! wassup? You going to be at McClaren next w/e?

11:36 PM  
Blogger Vanderkitten ViP Team said...

I hear those socks are like exta speed! That's what I heard, anyway. I am suprised everyone doesn't own them! =^b

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home