Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Inspiration (a.k.a. - a swift kick in the A$$)

I balanced at the edge of the skate park, outfitted head to toe with safety gear considering how I would umm...."drop in". I felt all silly on my big long wheelbase mtn bike, and I suddenly got a bit nervous and shy. Then I watched these guys just tear it up for a while.

The pictures absolutely do not do justice to their skills. These guys were dropping in the side of an 8ft+ bowl, playing follow the leader up the nearly vertical sides, and spinning 360 degrees on one wheel!




As I stood watching in awe of their raw determination and incedible talent I noticed that they were just plain having fun. It reminded me that's what it is all about. It's not about how fast you are, or how big you go, etc....it's about whether you had fun.

So get on your bike, look silly, and have some frikken fun. ;)

Ohhh...I almost forgot. You can't tell but those wheelchairs are not your everyday equipment. Skate wheels in the front, Spinnergy wheels in the back (red chair), rear suspension (black chair), and i'm sure there are more bells and whistles I'm forgetting. The guy in red (Scott) teaches, competes and is a public speaker! Check out his website at www.wheelchairskater.com

6 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

Hey thanks for the swift kick in the ass! You know I need 'em now and then. And where was that?

10:35 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

and you better not delete my comments!

10:36 PM  
Blogger nicknameless said...

oh...those were annoying blog spam...I would never delete you

11:22 PM  
Blogger X Bunny said...

i wonder if you can get spinergy wheels for those tennis shoes kids have with wheels....i think i need those

8:26 AM  
Blogger ginmtb said...

So did you drop in?

12:14 AM  
Blogger nicknameless said...

mmm...yes but I still felt silly ;)

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home