Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fresh Air


I need to settle into the days tasks and bury myself in the work at hand, but i'm not ready just yet. Instead I will sit here and sip my Gingerbread Mocha thing and daydream about riding later. As I dream about feel of a tight turn and exhilaration of a drop to a vista where I can breathe free, I know that a solo ride is just what I need to clear my head. Yes, that will do nicely.

--------

"Gingerbread Mocha" ....ummm is anyone else disturbed by the slow creep of Cristmas ever closer to summer? I went into some store week before last and the whole thing was decorated for Christmas with some overplayed bad cover of a rondom carol chittering overhead in the tinny speakers. Bah...hum bug

5 Comments:

Blogger cerebral scribbles said...

Agreed. God bless Corporate America! 'Tis the season for "if you don't buy that, or spend this much your family won't love you"
'Tis also the season for "Me First, screw you!" I firmly believe that the Happy Holidays could make Mother Theresa an asshole.
I know. I've already been told that I'm either getting coal in my stocking or Santa's gonna just skip this house. That's ok. I always make sure to light a big ol' fire and let it burn Christmas Eve night.

"Santa's nuts roast-iingg on an oooopennnn fiiiiiiirrrrreee"

A happy "BAH HUMBUG" to you as well! :o)

12:25 PM  
Blogger nicknameless said...

BWAHHHH....you're just bitter cause you know you're on the BAD list ;)

Are we racing the DS on Sat?

2:31 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I gave up holidays. My least favorite time of year is Thanksgiving through Valentines Day. Not sure if it's the weather or all the commercial holidays ot the fact that it sucks to be single during all these holidays or the fact everyone I know who is deceased has died during that time-frame. Bah humbug!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Didn't mean to be such a downer....at least here in CA we can ride our bikes on Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years.....those are all good.

6:23 PM  
Blogger cerebral scribbles said...

That's SO WIERD! I get all jittery T'giving through New Year's 'cause I have had lots of friends and relatives die then too! CRAy-Zay!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home